[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Feb 11 12:46:10 PST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:
> That's like what racists say about Asians... or something like that, right?

What exactly does this term “Asian” mean? It encompasses half or more of the world’s population, with a wide range of cultures, religions, cuisines and languages, some stretching back millennia. Is that your point, perhaps?

A while ago, I was talking to someone at work and he was talking about some sales dude he had just met (I think, I forget the exact details), trying to describe this person and having a tough time of it. “Is he Indian?” I asked, thinking I had an idea who this guy was. “No, no”, came the answer, “he was Asian”. :-)

—ravi