[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 12:58:53 PST 2012

----- Original Message ----- rolling. this is exactly the argument antifeminist men use against feminism.

goshes! you say that feminists DO wear high heels and push up bras. But that one over there, she says that heels are like Chinese footbinding. What is it? You must be lying or just politically idiotic, erm, enthralled by a cute label which really just means a man dumped you once and now you hate all men.

--------

And why is it so important to have a Feminism, Anarchism, Bolshevism etc.?

It seems to me that the most radical aspect of Occupy is simply the shared realization that people have the means to come together and talk about their needs, issues, and aspirations outside of any preconstructed political party or institution. That they must do so because existing organizaitions have effectively closed all space for such discussions.

Questions like "where are the leaders? where are the demands? what is Anarchism? will It wither away?" are partly beside the point.

This is not to say that having a perpetually mutating political organization does not come with its own problems, but I think it's to miss the entirety of the picture to say that something is wrong because the movement is yet incohate and all will be well once it crystallizes.

Joanna