[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 13:09:57 PST 2012

One more response to Marv, reaching my three post limit for the day.

Marv wrote:

> and only had limited influence in the trade unions and other popular organizations in Spain,

Marv, the CNT had more than 1.5 million members in Spain in the mid-1930s!

I don't consider myself an anarchist, but you have to respect its historical relevance in the labor movement.  In Spain, it was the dominant tendency in the labor movement!  The PCE and POUM were tiny in comparison.  (I don't know what the membership numbers for the PSOE were during the Republican period).