[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:49:08 PST 2012

shag wrote:

> it's kind of anticipatory. as news of OWS recedes and
> people actually have to be plugged in to see that OWS
> is doing things and that it's not dead, it nonetheless feels
> as if it must be moribund.

It may feel that way, but (as you suggest) it is not the case. Even the conventional media is calling it a regroupment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/occupy-movement-regroups-laying-plans-for-the-next-phase.html

Indeed, the kitchen and the library and the Occupy University and you-name-it (in Mexico, an Occupy soccer league would be emerging) are all essential structures to build. In fairness, I don't think Louis Proyect is dismissing these initiatives. I think it's better to focus on what people actually write and be cautious about drawing inferences.