[lbo-talk] Circle of Cooperation: How Establshed, was More on BB...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 12 10:05:40 PST 2012

Not responsive to my argument, which does not depend on my ownparticular response to Julio. I have no doubt that wee both the actual Julio and the actual Cox (neither knowable from lbo exchange) to find themselves within the same physical circle established by mutual practice that we would find ways to cooperate. But the persona manifested in Julio S indifference to establishing the circle of cooperation -- that persona would soon find him/herself utterly isolated -- an isolation that would not be alleviated were both Cox & Henwood to join him in it.

Doug refuses conversation when he converts a general argument into a discussion of particular persons.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 11:28 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Circle of Cooperation: How Establshed, was More on BB...

On Feb 12, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Perhaps not, but the arrogance of simply assuming the content of "us"
simply
> places Julio, in so far as he does assume this, among those with whom one
> definitely does NOT want to cooperate.

Julio's my friend, neighbor, and comrade. I'd cooperate with him on almost anything. Get over yourself.