[lbo-talk] Circle of Cooperation: How Establshed, was More on BB...

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 10:52:37 PST 2012

On 2012-02-12, at 1:13 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2012, at 1:05 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>> Not responsive to my argument, which does not depend on my ownparticular
>> response to Julio. I have no doubt that wee both the actual Julio and the
>> actual Cox (neither knowable from lbo exchange) to find themselves within
>> the same physical circle established by mutual practice that we would find
>> ways to cooperate. But the persona manifested in Julio
>> S indifference to establishing the circle of cooperation -- that persona
>> would soon find him/herself utterly isolated -- an isolation that would not
>> be alleviated were both Cox & Henwood to join him in it.
>
> I just don't buy it. You're magnifying barely existent differences to facilitate pulpit-pounding.

I don't buy it either. Like Doug, I'm also a personal friend of Julio's, but I think most everyone who only know him online through his thoughtful and scrupulously balanced comments would echo these remarks. He has a history of participation in mass organizations, unlike temperamental intellectuals whose sectarian mode of intervention tends to isolate them in broader working class milieus, one reason they tend to shy away from them.