[lbo-talk] Neoliberal Triumph was ] More on BB ..

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:29:50 PST 2012

Carrol Cox wrote:

> What do you think the _purpose_ of the Neoliberal sytem was? I would say
> that it was to drive down, relentlessly, the living standards of the world's
> working masses.

No, it was to raise profits. Similar effect, but the intention wasn't to immiserate the mass but to enrich the owners.

Doug

^^^^^^^ CB: Definitely both. The ruling class must constantly beat down the masses ruled class, keep it physically and economically weak so that it spends all its time trying to survive , and has no time for politics. The purpose of capitalist attacks on wages, benefits, welfare, health care, education, living standards all around is to weaken the working class. It literally wages war on the working class continuously.