[lbo-talk] Occupy the SEC

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:06:29 PST 2012

This is a 235-page letter that Occupy the SEC has sent to the regulators of the U.S. financial system. I have not read it, yet. So I'm relying on a blog post by Felix Salmon praising and quoting the letter (see link below). The Occupy the SEC letter is a detailed critique of the Volcker Rule. IMO, the important thing to note here is that, with initiatives of this kind, the people engaged in OWS are demonstrating amply that they have the caliber to take over these regulatory bodies and help working people reform the financial system and align it to their interests.

http://www.occupythesec.org/letter/OSEC%20-%20OCC-2011-14%20-%20Comment%20Letter.pdf

Salmon's blog post:

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2012/02/14/occupys-amazing-volcker-rule-letter/