[lbo-talk] School Debate: Central Focus

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Feb 14 13:19:17 PST 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:34:16 +0200 lbo83235 <lbo83235 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Take care of the school employees properly and they'll take care of the kids.

Take care of the school employees properly, by all means. But I'm not sure it necessarily follows that they'll take care of the kids.

My own kids and I have had teachers who were shining examples of conscientiousness, kindness, and erudition, and we venerate their memory. But we've also had teachers who were real sick fucks -- twisted, sadistic, maleficent Gradgrinds.

teaching is a position of authority, and authority often attracts twisted personalities, and often gives 'em another twist or two that they didn't already have.

One would like to see parents -- and children -- having some say in what goes on in the Credentialling Sector too.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org