[lbo-talk] [URPE] Participate in planning for 2012 URPE Summer Conference with Occupy activists!

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:20:15 PST 2012

URPE members and others who share the goals of URPE are invited to participate in the planning of this year's Summer Conference which is being organized in cooperation with Occupy activists.  The conference, entitled Political Economy of the 99%: Today and Tomorrow, will take place from August 10-13,  2012  at a camp in High Falls, New York, about an hour and a half north of New York City.

We hope that many members in the New York City area will be able to attend the first open meeting to plan the conference - a meeting which will bring URPE members together with people who are participating in Occupy Wall Street (OWS) and perhaps other Occupy organizations.  It will take place at 60 Wall Street (a public space which is a meeting place for many of the OWS working groups) at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, February 29 at 6 p.m.  A copy of the flyer announcing this meeting (and providing preliminary information on conference plans) is available at: www.urpe.org   (Scroll down our front page to the Summer Conference announcement in order to see the link to the flyer.)

We plan next to expand our outreach to Occupy organizations around the country.  Many URPE members are, we know, participating in Occupy activities and we ask all of you to email us to let us know your ideas on how the URPE Summer Conference might best contribute to this movement.

 The Planning Committee for the Summer Conference is headed by a sub-committee of the URPE Steering Committee whose members are:

Sara Burke    burkesara at me.com Julio Huato    juliohuato at gmail.com Paddy Quick paddyquick at aol.com Chris Rude    chris.rude at ciper.org