[lbo-talk] Sachs on Obama's budget for the rich and powerful

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:28:31 PST 2012

Marv quoted Sachs: "The public will likely back Obama for re-election, yet will earn thin rewards indeed for their successful vote."

[WS:] That seems like a promising strategy. Vote for the Democrats to show that voting does do much for the 99 percent. And then push for a systemic solution.

I am not a big advocate of the "third party" approach - is has consistently be anything but a dismal failure in the past - but I am increasingly convinced that this is the only way of changing the status quo. If organizing a third party at the state and local level gets enough momentum, it will probably cause enough defections from the current parties to become a viable alternative to Democrats.

Wojtek