[lbo-talk] Rich prefer public schools?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Feb 15 10:53:04 PST 2012

> Private schools in NYC must be at least 20K,
> probably more like 30K.

Don't forget that large numbers of private school students receive some form of tuition assistance. This is also true of "public" schools that charge, which is mostly at the post-secondary level.

>> Chuck: "least $150,000 in household income"
>>
>> [WS:] That does not strike me as very rich
>
> It's somewhere around the 90th percentile in the U.S.,
> and about the 95th in NYC. Not rich, but quite well off.

There are about 55M pre-K through 12 students in the US; about 6M of them are in private schools.

/jordan