[lbo-talk] 30000 domestic drones to fill US skies

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 20:20:52 PST 2012

 My Chrome browser claims that this link has insecure content and recommends that I not load it--after it had already loaded it! What is supposed to be insecure about it. Is it a security risk for the government!

Cheers, ken   Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: Ferenc Molnar <ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:36:42 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] 30000 domestic drones to fill US skies

"A bill has passed in the House and Senate this week that would allow the presence of drones in U.S. civilian airspace. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act requires the FAA to alleviate many current rules on domestic drone authorization. Drones would now be able to fly in the same airspace as commercial airliners, private planes, and cargo jets. Up to 30,000 drones could be allowed in U.S. airspace by the end of the decade.

"The Senate passed the bill on Monday, 75-20 and allots $63.4 billion to the FAA. President Obama is expected to sign it into law."

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/02/09-6