[lbo-talk] Santorum: “It has been my experience that when dealing with females, you need to treat them as though they have a mental disorder…"

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at sydney.edu.au
Sat Feb 18 04:20:14 PST 2012

I find this extraordinarily unlikely in a person currently a leading US presidential candidate. I call parody.

Catherine

________________________________________ From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] on behalf of c b [cb31450 at gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, 18 February 2012 11:14 PM To: Forum for the discussion of theoretical issues raised by Karl Marx and the thinkers he inspired; marxist-debate; a-list; lbo-talk; pen-l Subject: [lbo-talk] Santorum: “It has been my experience that when dealing with females, you need to treat them as though they have a mental disorder…"

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/02/15/santorum-being-female-is-a-mental-disorder/

Santorum: Being Female is a Mental Disorder February 15, 2012 By Sarah Wood

Former Senator and Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum recently told a local university in Nebraska that not only is being a LGBT individual seen as suffering from a mental disorder, but so is being a female.

“It has been my experience that when dealing with females, you need to treat them as though they have a mental disorder… especially those that are constantly seeking equality in the workplace, the military, and in the home. Women need to know their place and need to know when it is okay for them to speak. They were put on this earth for two reasons, and two reasons alone: taking care of their husband, and giving birth to his children… that is all. Any woman who tells you otherwise is obviously touting the liberal agenda of equality, and they need to be told the truth of their purpose. It is a disorder that can be fixed, but not until they go through several years of therapy to understand that they need to be subservient.”

Sen. Santorum’s words are not being taken lightly, and several women are already seeking therapy for their mistaken goal of becoming equal within society.

Code Pink is extraordinarily upset with the ideas of Rick Santorum, and are planning protests nationwide at every event he is scheduled to speak at. They will not allow a man, especially seeking the office of the president to badmouth and disrespect half of the US population because of his own personal beliefs.