[lbo-talk] MH & DG on university

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 25 17:44:45 PST 2012

On Feb 25, 2012, at 8:29 PM, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> "Free college tuition under capitalism is like a reading room in a
>>> prison." - Malcolm Harris
>>>
>>> well, yeah. there's that, too.
>>
>> but still. no? better humane treatment of the prisoners . . .
>>

> or maybe i'm misreading the point of this. i don't know the context.

The infamous Jacobin debate on OWS, featuring Jodi Dean, Chris Maisano, and me vs. the anarchists MH and Natasha Lennard, and moderated by Seth Ackerman. Seth asked how anarchist organizing might lead to free college tuition. Natasha was agin' that because David Cameron went to a free university, and MH was opposed for the reason I quoted.

Doug