[lbo-talk] MH & DG on university

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:20:40 PST 2012

Ronald Reagan, for example, vowed that as governor, he would “clean up the mess at Berkeley,” the scene of “sexual orgies so vile I cannot describe them to you.” While Governor Reagan was running for re-election, Roger Freeman, his top education aide, was clearer about the candidate’s priorities, warning: “We are in danger of producing an educated proletariat. That’s dynamite! We have to be selective about who we allow to through higher education.”