[lbo-talk] On the Zombie Apocalypse

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:06:18 PST 2012

Andy: "You mean older people identify with zombies? Ha ha, says the guy in his 40s."

fm: No, I meant people below the ages of thirty to forty seem more interested in the zombie meme. But yes, I've been pulled into zombie flash mobs and I'm over 40. I agree that the zombie stuff takes its cue from the George Romero movies and that zombies in this case are working stiffs or regimented groups of people (I've seen a couple of zombie schoolgirl mobs) who have been liberated into a kind of revolting revolt by un-death. This is all terribly disrespectful to the many people who practice voudoun, voodoo, santeria, etc. as a religious path but who knows, they might appreciate the silliness as well.