[lbo-talk] So who decides which abortions are "abhorrent"?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:15:29 PST 2012

"The idea of sex-selective abortions is abhorrent ..." http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/27/three-sons-sex-selective-family

Umm, why, again? Iris Chapman certainly doesn't bother to tell us. I mean, how are they any different than abortions obtained for reasons of convenience, economics, etc.? Can someone out there explain this? Why does polite liberal society hold some choices (actually, all but this one, I think) to be more equal than others?