[lbo-talk] So who decides which abortions are "abhorrent"?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Feb 27 19:57:27 PST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 10:28 PM, // ravi wrote:

> We do not know at all that this is “undoubtedly” the woman’s choice!
Here it is *undoubtedly* the woman's choice, as a general rule. Why do you suggest that Indian women are less capable of intelligent choice than Americans?

> What we do know is that the number of women in the population has
> faced drastic reduction. To me, this is not a “pro-choice” issue. It
> is an issue of a culture (for whatever sociobiological or other
> reason) that chooses to undervalue the presence of women.

Cultures don't make choices--they ain't beings. People, including women, make choices. Does a woman undervalue her own presence?

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it

always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,

kindling in measures and going out in measures."

Herakleitos of Ephesos