[lbo-talk] Stratfor Wikileaks

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:25:27 PST 2012

Wasting too much time reading these leaked emails. As usual, the revelations are less about the leaks themselves than the way in which the internal culture of companies like Stratfor is revealed. These intelligence gatherers are so arrogantly sure of themselves, their sources and their analysis of deeply complex and shifting geo-political realities that it's a wonder they make a profit off of the information they sell. Anyone on this list would do a better job at sifting information for sale to corporations, the government and universities. I suggest an LBO information analysis wing...

My favorite Stratfor leak so far from the office of Fred Burton, VP of "Intelligence":

"Assange is going to make a nice bride in prison. Screw the terrorist. He'll be eating cat food forever, unless George Soros hires him. "

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/1056988_re-wikileaks-is-attacking-us-.html