[lbo-talk] Stratfor Wikileaks

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Feb 28 10:23:52 PST 2012

Oh, and:

Michael Smith:

> There's something very seductive in thinking that your're
> on the inside, that you know stuff other people don't.

I remember mistakenly watching Larry King on one of the nights leading up to one of those Gulf Wars (can't keep 'em straight) and he had Joe Lieberman on, who is a senior member of the Armed Services Committee (might have even been chair at the time?). You could see Larry salivating, because he felt so sure that he was very close to a secret. At one point, h leaned in and asked Joe, as though they were Two Guys Talking at a cocktail party and no one else was listening (instead of being on a prime-time television show being watched globally) some question like "So ... when are we going to go in?" and Lieberman gave him some sexy answer, while staying within the confines of not going to jail for discussing actual classified plans he likely had in his head from briefings earlier in the week.

Unless Larry King is a good actor, he looked as though the prom queen had just given him a handjob on the dance floor. So yeah, it's kind of like journalism in that way, too :-)

/jordan