[lbo-talk] interest rate policy

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 10:41:55 PST 2012

Sorry, I read the wiki stuff but it didn't clarify everything...

"the member banks themselves are on the hook"

how does that work? They only hold stock, which isn't traded, so -- they take some sort of phantom contingency writedown?

And insured is probably the wrong word... I meant more like whatever "full faith and credit" is supposed to mean. I thought you can't really conduct QE if you don't have notes backed by that clause and a whopper of an economy, right?