[lbo-talk] Leo Strauss on Plato

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed Feb 29 12:24:45 PST 2012

I listened to Strauss' first lecture on the Meno last night I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ferenc Molner

I listened to one of his lectures on Hegel and the relativitism of modern history. Except for his voice, Strauss is an excellent lecturer. Very well laid out talking points, easy to take notes, and the argument emerges as I studied the notes. Except for the fact that I understood his project was to take down the Enlightenment and build democratcy to mean a republic led by the elite, that is my darkest enemy, I enjoyed the lecture.

Strauss is much better in lecture than in his books.

CG