[lbo-talk] Historical antecedents of Uprising. Was: The Zapatistas triggered it all

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 00:32:02 PST 2012

Thanks, Julio, for this

Or so claim González Casanova y De Sousa Santos.  They may have a point, just a bit overstated perhaps.

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2012/01/03/politica/009n1pol

I wrote something similar to this about a year ago, immediately after the Tunisian uprising. Although my piece is not written very well, my initial response to the Tunisian uprising, written largely as a reaction to Stephen Walt's dismissal of the revolt draws similar allusions

http://www.ilagardien.com/?p=1985

I should develop it further. If anyone has ideas, please share.

Ismail

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto