[lbo-talk] Santorum tells it like it is, lets cat out of the bag

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:49:18 PST 2012

[WS:] He did surprisingly well in Iowa, better than Paul. This seems to settle the question whether GOP constituents are searching for "conservative values" or are merely into "keeping the riff raff in their place" . It is plain obvious that it is the latter.

You tend to call "racism" but I think this obscures more than it explains. The desire to "keep the riff raff in their place" is not limited to the Etats Unis, you can find plenty of it elsewhere - India, Africa, Europe. Sometimes it coincides with skin color, like in the Etats Unis, sometimes with religion, like in Europe or Israel, sometimes with ethnic (but not racial) differences, like in Africa, sometimes with urban vs rural residence like in Eastern Europe, and sometimes it is just plain social stratification into classes or casts, like in India. The skin color, religion, ethnicity, accent, residence, etc. are just manifestations of social stratification that is a universal feature of all modern societies.

The sad thing is, however, that we will likely see more and more of it as standards of living for the 99% in the Etats Unis continue going south.

Wojtek