[lbo-talk] Santorum tells it like it is, lets cat out of the bag

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:16:00 PST 2012

Doug: "A reminder: 122,255 people voted in Iowa, a self-selected population that's very white and conservative (though Iowa itself isn't a right-wing place). I'd be careful about drawing bold conclusions from that."

[WS:] Point taken, but what makes you think that these 122,256 do not represent a much wider population of GOP supporters? It is certainly consistent with my experience of them - self-selected to be sure. They are not about religion and values, conservative or otherwise - but mostly about liberal-, fag-, spic-, and n-word- bashing. They hate Democrats not because of this or that policy stand - which they often fail to grasp- but because they perceive Democrats as the party of liberals, fags, spics, and n-words. Of course, the more articulate ones know how to hide it under ideological mumbo jumbo, but you do not have to scratch very deep to find a bigot underneath.

Wojtek