[lbo-talk] The Zapatistas triggered it all

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:29:36 PST 2012

On 2012-01-04, at 10:00 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> refuse to use Google Translate
>
> With texts of any complexity, that thing often produces hilarious results.

It's better, though, than it used to be. :)

Two of the most influential sociologists thinkers of the past half century, Pablo Gonzalez Casanova and Boaventura de Sousa Santos, vivid proverb with the rise of alternative social movements worldwide, and both found at the origin of this process to the Zapatista rebellion. We are aware , Gonzalez said Casanova, "that we are becoming more and that will be increasingly the world who fight for it in 1994 only appeared a ' Indian rebellion postmodern 'and that really is the beginning of human mobilization significantly better prepared for freedom, justice, and democracy."

[…]

The global movement of Earth's outraged began in the Lacandon , input signal González Casanova document for the seminar, which is a script of words where to navigate this complex time, a 17-point manual, for worldwide use to interpret new ideas for action that must also be new,impoverished and excluded squatters outraged and formulate theories that contain a large empirical support, based on a wealth of experience , knowledge, arts and techniques that correspond to the knowledge and expertise of people who exalted Andrés Aubry, and Tojolabal values ​​of human solidarity that rescued Carlos Lenkersdorf.

Etc. etc.

By contrast and being linguistically challenged myself, Julio's command of English, not his first language, never ceases to amaze me.