[lbo-talk] Indefinite Detentions in the NDAA Don’t Exactly Betray George Washington’s Values

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 14:16:45 PST 2012

 I don't quite see why it would be OK to appear on a conservative propaganda TV outlet but not on a state controlled propaganda TV station. And is RT really an organ for Putin. I recall seeing coverage of demonstrations in Russia. And Press TV while certainly supporting the Iranian point of view is not a state news agency I should think. I watch both stations and find their coverage is often useful.

Cheers, ken   Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: nathan tankus <somekindofheterodox at gmail.com> To: marie parham <marie.parham at gmail.com>; Lbo Talk Lbo Talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 1:48:10 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Indefinite Detentions in the NDAA Don’t Exactly Betray George Washington’s Values

http://williamhogeland.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/indefinite-detentions-in-the-ndaa-dont-exactly-betray-george-washingtons-values/

-- -Nathan Tankus ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "When the regulation, therefore, is in support of the workman, it is always just and equitable; but it is sometimes otherwise when in favour of the masters"- Adam Smith “If our Nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill. The element that makes the bond good makes the bill good also. It is absurd to say that our country can issue $30 million in bonds, and not $30 million in currency. Both are promises to pay: but one promise fattens the usurer, and the other helps the people.”-thomas edison "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"- Upton Sinclair "We call our demonstration a campaign for jobs and income because we feel that the economic question is the most crucial that black people, and poor people generally, are confronting." -martin luther king jr The voices which, in such a conjuncture, tell us that the path of escape is to be found in strict economy and in refraining, wherever possible, from utilising the world’s potential production, are the voices of fools and madmen."- john maynard keynes "when i learn new things, i change my mind. what do you do sir?"-john maynard keynes “Talk about centralisation! The credit system ... constitutes enormous centralisation, and gives this class of parasites the fabulous power, not only to periodically despoil industrial capitalists, but also to interfere in actual production in a most dangerous manner-and this gang knows nothing about production and has nothing to do with it."- karl marx A humane society should not be sacrificed on the altar of narrow economic efficiency-Henry Simons There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. George Orwell