[lbo-talk] The Myth of Japan?s Failure - NYTimes.com

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 07:15:32 PST 2012

"> "That thing is absolute crap. "

> interesting. why?

It being Shadow Economic Stats, for those who missed the antecedent."   SGS is being referred to frequently in relation to their unemployment figures: http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts   My confusion about these figures relates to the denominator of the total workforce. For SGS, it doesn't seem to change, even when discouraged workers are added to the analysis. Thus the percentage unemployed seems to be exaggerated (as if it needs to be).   I could be missing something.   David Green