[lbo-talk] Dismal science on education, again

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:55:53 PST 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 6:08 PM, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are enormous ideological and statistical problems in the NYT-referenced study,

this is precisely what I want to hear about: the statistical problems. it's where I'm the weakest in training and experience. everything else you've talked about again seems more or less straightforwardly the case. but it doesn't help me see the statistical flaws. i just got served with it as part of a long running argument about the possibility of measuring good teaching. and I don't, I'm sorry, have the statistical chops to just look at the article and know what's wrong with the analysis in the study. that is where, I think, I need some concrete assistance. but I won't keep whining about it. I just thought joanna or alan or someone might have something to hand.