[lbo-talk] activistist boots riley channels comrade cox

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:34:49 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM, Marv Gandall <marvgand at gmail.com> wrote:

This profile would fit most of the contributors to this list, including
> those who have persisted in taking cheap shots at Doug for being an
> "armchair leftist". Yet it was Doug who was invited to speak at OWS

No offense to Doug, but I'm not sure that's a particularly rare distinction. I haven't spoken at any of the Occupy protests (because I have nothing to say), but I've gotten statements from Gaza activists for a bunch. I get the impression they'll give anyone a hearing. (Not to call Doug "anyone," but you know what I mean.)