[lbo-talk] some thoughts on the "precariat"

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jan 13 12:27:46 PST 2012

Random thoughts:

1. It's wage labor all the way down.

2. To divide the wc into salariat and precariat is to suggest that more stable wage slavery is what we all pray for.

3. Really, it's not good to be a slave nor to have a state/economy dependent on slavery. This should be said out loud.

4. There was an article in RussiaTimes yesterday about how Americans are so scared of losing their jobs, that they won't even take vacations. Suggests that salariat status is quite precarious.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Igniting a bit of a strong response, but not mostly for what I say, but rather things that I don't actually disagree with but didn't fit within the scope of the piece... http://jacobinmag.com/blog/2012/01/precarious-thought/