[lbo-talk] United Airlines' New Frontier in Ripoffs

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:54:29 PST 2012

I had about $500 worth of electronics gear stolen from my luggage in June.  I spent several hours figuring out how to download the claim forms.  After I filled them out, I got a brief note indicating that they received my submission. Then I heard nothing.  I spent many hours -- my guess is more than 20, mostly spent on wait times -- trying to contact somebody.  I could get to an Indian call center, which could not give me any information on what to do. After several months, I was informed that I had not included the tag from my baggage, which I did.  I resent it.  Many weeks later, I learned that I never sent it according to their records.  After several iterations, I learned that my claim was denied because the company never received the tags. A lawyer friend sent a letter to United.  Now in January, I received a letter informing me that United does not accept responsibility for lost electronics.

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com