[lbo-talk] United Airlines' New Frontier in Ripoffs

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Jan 14 09:01:20 PST 2012

i know this doesn't address the issue of UA, but can you claim it on home or renters insurance? you'd have to lie about it being used for your job, if it was. otherwise, from what i understand, you can get a business use rider if you travel a lot with expensive electronics gear.

I wanted to insure my bike, with specific insurance, b/c it is worth more than my 21 year old car. no dice. it's covered only under home owners insurance, under the personal property section usually, which covers theft of your property even if it wasn't stolen from your home but stolen from, say, your car.