[lbo-talk] Stupid email formatting

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 00:02:26 PST 2012

Carrol:

> Not relevant to this discussion, but in some other contexts "capitalist
society" is quite different from cap mode of production.

Yeah, sorry, it was late at night and I got lazy in my phrasing.  In fact just a couple of days ago I emphasized the distinction.

I think a lot of the more esoteric debates over on the Marxmail list, concerning whether U.S. slavery was "capitalist" etc., could be avoided if everyone would bear in mind the distinction between capitalist mode of production and capitalist society.