[lbo-talk] "Oigin as Essence" - profoundly ahistorical

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Jan 16 15:13:37 PST 2012

I've just been reading Corey Robin's The Reactionary Mind. One complaint: he doesn't give me any reason to care that his view is preferred to anyone else's. He just says, the problem with others views is that they aren't mine or they haven't really taken in consideration my view. (So far, anyway. I'm only 1/4 through it).

I have no idea what the difference is for political practice. If everything proceeds apace regardless as to which view I take, what's the difference. Robin hasn't, so far, sold me as to why his view of conservatives is not only superior but will matter to what I do as a leftist who must, presumably, fight them.

So, that's my question here. What difference does it make to political practice?