[lbo-talk] the Grundrisse and credit

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jan 17 12:20:16 PST 2012

<> On a related note, can someone please point me to where Graeber says <> that credit works under capitalism exactly as it has in all earlier <> societies? I feel as if i didn't read the same book as all of you did. <> -- <> -Nathan Tankus

:) you've been around for awhile, so i dont' meant to patronize.
Still, maybe a little refresher.

first rule of LBO-talk:

always argue in the absence of any direct reference to the text under discussion. the absolute last thing you do is actually drag out a quote to support your contention.

second rule:

a. tell the person who asks for evidence that noone has enough time to read everything and/or mock them by calling them 'smarty pants' and stuph.

b. find convenient quotage from the author on line so as to avoid the issue as to whether they actually read the book.

third rule:

if you bother to bring in quotes to support your thesis, be prepared for responses which are usually built on Teh Snippage and Swipage (TM) which involves snipping out phrases or portions of sentences that can be used to misrepresent (take swipes at) the author or damn them by poisoning the wells. If you complain of baiting/poisoning the wells, you'll be ignored. if you provide substantive quotage to refute their claim, wash rinse repeat.