[lbo-talk] the Grundrisse and credit

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jan 19 23:16:50 PST 2012

shag carpet bomb implores:

> but it's a serious question.

It doesn't have an answer. There's no way to say with any certainty what would happen.

> as i said earlier, it was the topic of dinner party conversation once
> among friends.

I was at a dinner party once and a very serious question arose about whether, in a fight, would Superman or Mighty Mouse win? It's a serious question, and we wanted to know.

I'm not kidding: it's similar to asking "what would happen if, as some scientists seriously wondered at the time, when we set off a nuclear bomb, something happened to set all the oxygen on earth on fire?"

> being totally ignorant of how it works, as most people are,
> what the hell would happen if debt was just cancelled.

Just because you're ignorant of how it works doesn't mean that there's someone out there who isn't ignorant. It's simply too large of a scope of a question.

> jordan tells me the question is too stupid for an answer.... alrighty
> then!

That's not what I said.

/jordan