[lbo-talk] A scene on the Holloway Road

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jan 21 20:34:22 PST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 01:57:01 +0000 (UTC) 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> One might argue that all extremists tend to moralism.

Speaking as a thoroughgoing extremist, I deny it.

In fact I would have said that moralism is one of the things that tends to prevent or undercut extremism. A moralist simply can't be extreme -- that impulse to issue letter grades always takes you back to the (hopefully) Gaussian curve.

Progressive but imperial -- B minus. Reactionary dreamer with redeeming anti-imperial top notes -- D plus.

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

The floggings will continue until morale improves.