[lbo-talk] Apple Users - Some Advice, Please.

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 01:26:57 PST 2012

Heyta Everyone

Apple has made some strides towards making the iPad more useful for textbooks and academic things.... I have fought against buying Apple products (not that I don't think that they are great, technologically), but I suspect that I may lose this battle. As a one-time photojournalist, I like their graphics and generally like the interface, so I think they are good for photography. I have a blog post on this somewhere which I should publish. Anyway, long story short: How easy is it to get "stuff" for iPads and Apple computers. I should explain: I am not going to state it outright, lest I get into trouble.   I have "acquired" software (Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver, music, film editing stuff etc etc etc) for Windows with relative ease. There are, even, ways to get books for Kindle (I BOUGHT books from them! I support most writers and artists)  but given the "lockdown" that Apple insist upon, and the fact that one has to purchase sooo much through itunes, can Apple users on these lists tell me how easy/difficult it ease to swap books or software among friends and acquired elsewhere?

Sorry to bug you with things unimportant.

Ismail

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto