[lbo-talk] Slavoj Žižek . The Revolt of the Salaried Bourgeoisie: The New Proletariat

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:04:05 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> It is arguable that the 5 highest paid athletes in Baseball & Football are
> the most exploited workers in the u.s.. Exploitation is a technical not a
> moral question.

I don't follow baseball or football, but I do follow basketball, and someone did a study recently that showed the really big superstars in the NBA, the 15 or 20 most known players, produce astronomical amounts of money for their franchises, merchandisers, and tv networks. I'm using numbers that are not precise but more or less correct, but LeBron James produced something like $120 million while only having a salary of $16 million.