[lbo-talk] Satanic mills redux

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:35:47 PST 2012

Marv: "There is also considerable peasant unrest in the villages, with farmers resisting or demanding greater compensation for land expropriated for private and public development."

[WS:] There is a difference between discontent and unrest, and a revolution. The turn of the century Europe saw a few revolutions, Russia, Hungary, Germany, Italy, Spain (although most of them defeated) not to mention three Internationals and massive strikes. By these standards, Asian labor seems rather docile, no?

As to the class debate - let me reiterate that I do not dismiss the importance of socio-economic classes, I just think that a simplistic concept of class as a mere relation the means of production is not very useful.

Wojtek