[lbo-talk] The '60s

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 26 16:25:05 PST 2012

It is becoming harder and harder for me to write anything coherent more than a paragraph or two in length. It was a fluke that after a desperate struggle a few years ago I did pull together the Left Forum paper on Luxemburg. The lessened short term memory of age plus my (now greatly increased) visual problems make it difficult to keep the whole in mind. Last fall I struggled desperately for 6 weeks plus to write a review of Ted Morgan book for ATC. I produced good fragments but couldn't pull them together. And I have been unable to read (or listen to) more than fragments of a few of the posts on the two current thread that interest me. I say this part a few of the posts on the two current thread that interest me. I say this partl to explain the sheer assertiveness, without supporting argument or qualification.

Anyone who wants to engage in the c oming struggles triggered by Wisconsin & expanded by OWS will have read Ted Morgan's book or he/she is not serious in his/her claimed political intentions.

Any one who refers to 'the '60s' even in casual dinner-table chat without having read Ted Morgan's book is proliferating nonsense (often in its most vicious form of half-truths).

Carrol