[lbo-talk] The '60s

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:45:14 PST 2012

Here's his elevator speech (long elevator)

bio with title

Ted (Edward P.) Morgan is Professor of Political Science at Lehigh University and author of the recent What Really Happened to the 1960s: How Mass Media Culture Failed American Democracy (University Press of Kansas).

U Kansas press release and other resources on his page at Lehigh: http://cas.lehigh.edu/CASWeb/resource.aspx?id=1258

and link to the amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/What-Really-Happened-1960s-Democracy/dp/0700617566

haven't watched it, but here's a talk he gave on the book for some event organized by Mark Crispin Miller:

http://markcrispinmiller.com/2011/03/what-really-happened-to-the-sixties-ted-morgan-speaks-in-nyc-video/

Google search brought appearances and commentary from all sorts of other places over the past six months or so. Seems at least as significant as Graeber's Debt or other books we've spoken of lately - though unfortunately for Joanna I can't yet attest to his elocution (something I value as well). Here's an excerpt if it helps.

http://www.truthdig.com/arts_culture/item/the_myth_of_the_60s_20111116/