[lbo-talk] not theory

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:52:06 PST 2012

On 2012-01-27, at 9:08 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Let me repeat one point from my previous post.
>
> Theory has no existence outside conscious and self-conscious human minds.
>
> Some of the comments seem to reify it as something out there. But it is not
> a Platonic Form, existing from all eternity.
>
> So when we talk about the relation of Theory to practice we have to focus on
> consciously held abstract principles consciously controlling the practice.

On the subject of theory and practice, Charles' posts from varied sources recording first-hand observations about the Occupy movement have been extremely valuable in allowing me, and I'm sure others, to draw informed conclusions, ie. "theorize", about what it represents and where it is going. Thanks, Charles, and keep them coming.