[lbo-talk] "Literary" Gossip FW: Mary dR vs. Casa Pound

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jan 28 05:46:40 PST 2012

I don't know who Casa Pound is. Mary is the daughter of Pound & Olga Rudge. Excuse me, _Princess_ Mary.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine [mailto:EPOUND-L at LISTS.MAINE.EDU] On Behalf Of Wayne Pounds Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 6:00 PM To: EPOUND-L at LISTS.MAINE.EDU Subject: Mary dR vs. Casa Pound

Massimo Bacigalupo called my attention to this suit. He wrote, "Some furore over here because Mary dR is suing CasaPound. There's an article about this in the Observer on line. I gathered signatures in her support and a debate followed. You can also look up the CasaPound website. The trial opened this week and the CP lawyers understandably but unfairtly objected that MdR must first prove that she is EP's daughter. One could write a story about this . . . "

The Guardian has picked up the story: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/14/ezra-pound-daughter-fascism

Wayne Pounds