[lbo-talk] 400 Arrested during Occupy Protests - The Bay Citizen

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:01:25 PST 2012

Who is debating what (concretely) with whom? This doesn't make much sense or have any connection with the subject line without some specification.

That said, the remark may be boring because it is a given that, eventually, with or without excuse, the state will attempt to criminalize any threatening opposition. And there is no one 'answer' to this. (Another situation where Theory is toothless.) Responses have to be worked out concretely in particular cases. Not much more can be said about it.

------

But another old issue: Probably the most offensive and stupidest post I (or anyone else for that matter) ever wrote was my response to one of Robert's posts on Oakland. Robert Wood quite correctly called me on it at the time. It is a serious poisoning of the wells of discourse to do as I did in that post and rant about police provocateurs etc.

My belated apologies to the list.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Nicholas Roberts Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 2:38 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] 400 Arrested during Occupy Protests - The Bay Citizen

http://www.baycitizen.org/occupy-oakland-8/story/occupy-protesters-break-oak lands-city/?utm_source=Newsletters&utm_campaign=63ad083bd7-January_30_Daily_ Newsletter&utm_medium=email