[lbo-talk] Understanding greek tax evasion

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:39:26 PST 2012

Thanks Jordan.

That is interesting (re: tax gap). I'm wondering what was said about the Greek tax gap during formation of the EU; if it was considered irrelevant or it was somehow understood that Greece would fix this incrementally during its membership.

I have a little conspiracy in mind where these inefficiencies were OK, allowing Greek take-home wages to be adequate for a time, despite lower productivity. And that Greece was supposed to find a way to close the gap while upping productivity--which it didn't/couldn't.