[lbo-talk] Pena Nieto claims victory in Mexico election

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:15:16 PDT 2012

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/07/2012722615392786.html

[WS:] One thing that puzzles me is that despite the colossal failures of neoliberalism and austerity measures it brought about, neoliberal parties keep "winning" elections. There seem to be two logical explanations 1. It does not matter who casts the votes, but who counts them; or 2. The majority of the voting population (i.e. the professional-managerial class) still supports neoliberalism despite the setbacks. I lean toward #2. I wonder what others think.

-- Wojtek