[lbo-talk] Core standards

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 4 05:49:23 PDT 2012

You assume the identity of schooling and education. A basic error which makes both unintelligible.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of 123hop at comcast.net Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:13 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Core standards

Actually kids love big words. When I teach poetry, I always teach "onomatopoeia" == and I first present it by playing hangman, which they also love.

That's heartbreaking though, not letting them tell their own stories or asking how the material presented has anything to do with them.

Joanna